To map ("point") your personal domain name to your newly created website on LTCAgentWebsites.com, you need to first have your domain registered with a service like GoDaddy.com or Name.com. Having your own domain allows your website visitors to load your LTCi website with a unique website address that's specific only to you.
For example, Steven Miller signed up on LTCAgentWebsites.com to create a new LTCi website. When signing up he chose the username of steven and after he created his website, he can access it at: steven.ltcagentwebsites.com. But, Steven wants to use his personal domain name (myltcagent.com) to link to his newly created website. To do this, he has to follow these steps:
- Login to his domain registrar (in this case GoDaddy.com)
- Open the domain's DNS settings for myltcagent.com in GoDaddy
- Add a new CNAME record in the Zone Records File for this domain name. Use the following information to create the CNAME record:
- Host: www
Points to: steven.ltcagentwebsites.com
- Note that you must point your domain name to your temporary website link i.e. yourusername.ltcagentwebsites.com
- TTL: 1 Hour or less
- After saving this CNAME record, it may take a couple of hours to start pointing the domain name to LTCAgentWebsites.com.